As a web designer you should never stop learning. When you start learning, you know nothing. So you learn a lot in a seemingly short amount of time, As you get better you slowly start learning less and less. So if you want to become a better website designer, you need to set aside time for learning. I have a list of things that I still want to learn. Every now and then I pick a subject I want to learn and I work on it for a while. You can read up on SEO, Graphics design, game development and possibly languages or technologies that you are not familiar with. The more you learn, the better the quality of your services.
My favorite method of learning is to try and build something that I have never built before. This can be a game, a website or an application. Then as I am working on a problem, I gather the skills needed to come up with a solution.
The web is always evolving and you should also be.
Question of the post: Have you ever learned something that you wish you learned earlier and why?
- If you do not love programming, it will not love you back - April 18, 2017
- Why is teamwork important in Web Design? - April 18, 2017
- How to diagnose and overcome coders block - April 18, 2017
- The client is not your enemy - April 18, 2017
- Never stop learning web design - April 17, 2017